Wednesday, August 19, 2009

How To Get More Value from Your Rental Property Manager (Part 1)

Here's 12 years of my experience on how to get the most value from your property manager relationship (Part 1 of 3). Please also share your experiences with us by commenting on our blog.

1. Think Partnership. Treat your property manager like a partner, not an employee. The secret of a strong successful relationship with a property manager is the relationship. At my rental property, my property manager Sanibel Accommodations, goes out of their way to gain win-win results. For example, for every guest I provide a welcome gift of l'Occitane bath amenities. Prior to each arrival, their staff personally places the amenity in the unit. When the guests arrive, hot and tired from their trip, the first thing they see is their complimentary thank you gift from me. That has helped my unit get to #3 in Tripadvisor.com for Sanibel! Its worth this effort for Sanibel Accommodations because they understand excellent guest service and realize that happy guests will provide recommendations and tell others.I get more bookings because of their help, and they get more occupancy fees.

No comments:

Post a Comment